From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Floppy support question for old farts. lol
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 20:05:52
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > <SNIP>
6 >> I'm going to try to talk him into letting my transfer them to CD. Tell
7 >> him it is time to catch up with new and better things. CD drives has
8 >> autodetect and just plain work better anyway.
9 >>
10 >> At least I know there is a chance. ;-)
11 >>
12 >> Dale
13 >>
14 >> :-) :-)
15 >
16 > A single USB thumb drive for $20 would likely hold every floppy he
17 > ever made, and maybe 10-20 times more. Why waste time making & sorting
18 > through CDs, etc?
19 >
20 > - Mark
25 Hmmmm, super point. May suggest that. I got to boot something to see
26 what this rig has in it. It may be a older system. I'm pretty sure I
27 saw USB tho.
28
29 I bet USB has a better life span than floppies too.
30
31 Dale
32
36 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
37 how you interpreted my words!
38
39 Miss the compile output? Hint:
40 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"