From: Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Need coaching with emerge failure logs (Understanting the problem)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 12:47:09
1 On 170226-09:42-0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> writes:
3 ...
4 >
5 > > Example at the beginning: [32;01m *
6 > > Example from the end: *
7 > >
8 > > Output to the terminal these would show the text in different colours,
9 > > but the output was redirected to a textfile or mishandled in a
10 > > copy-paste operation (not sure if screen or tmux does this?).
11 > >
12 > > Running emerge with `--color n` would have made this log much more
13 > > readable. Its size already makes it hard to search.
14 >
15 > Yes, and I am sorry about that, its just that I could not discern what
16 > parts were important. Still I should have posted only the last
17 > 400-500 lines.
18 >
19 > Just so you know... I did try that. [--color n] The resulting log
20 > looked exactly the same. ...
21
22 This is hard to believe. I just tried, and either:
23
24 --color n
25
26 or: