From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Keyboard stopped working
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 00:40:30
1 Grant writes:
2
3 > I just finished updating my wife's laptop which hadn't been updated in
4 > 6-12 months. Her laptop's hardware is identical to mine which is
5 > always kept up-to-date and works great. After rebooting, the keyboard
6 > on her laptop doesn't work although the mouse does work. The keyboard
7 > works in grub and after booting to a LiveCD so it's not a hardware
8 > problem. Does anyone know what might have caused this?
9
10 If it working in the text console, but not in X, this might come from an
11 xorg upgrade without re-merging xf86-input-keyboard. emerge
12 @x11-module-rebuild to fix this.
13
14 Wonko