From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Keyboard stopped working
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 01:00:56
1 >> I just finished updating my wife's laptop which hadn't been updated in
2 >> 6-12 months.  Her laptop's hardware is identical to mine which is
3 >> always kept up-to-date and works great.  After rebooting, the keyboard
4 >> on her laptop doesn't work although the mouse does work.  The keyboard
5 >> works in grub and after booting to a LiveCD so it's not a hardware
6 >> problem.  Does anyone know what might have caused this?
7 >
8 > If it working in the text console, but not in X, this might come from an
9 > xorg upgrade without re-merging xf86-input-keyboard. emerge
10 > @x11-module-rebuild to fix this.
11
12 Right on the money, that got it, thank you.
13
14 - Grant