From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: fstab devmode
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 23:42:42
1 On Sunday 27 August 2006 23:59, Joseph wrote:
2 > Harm Geerts is right (thanks) "umask=0077" does what I need with dos
3 > partition, when mounted, usb stick has a permission 700.
4 > What would be an alternative for ext2 file system, umask doesn't work.
5
6 I might be wrong but I'm guessing you want different permissions on the
7 mountpoint.
8
9 In that case you can simply `chmod 700 /mnt/your_stick` it with ext2 (while
10 mounted).
11 ext2 stores this and will use the same permissions the next mount.
12 This is true for all filesystems that support permissions (which all normal
13 linux filesystems do)
14
15 umask is only intended to make up for the lack of file permissions on vfat.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list