From: "Jesús Guerrero" <6thpink@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] audio cd problem
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:39:11
1 El Lunes, 23 de Octubre de 2006 22:50, pat escribió:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've lost possibllity to play audio CD on my Gentoo. I don't play audio CDs
5 > very often, so I have no idea what I've did and why I'm not able to play
6 > then. Please could someone point me to successful solution ??? I've googled
7 > but without success :-(
8 >
9 > Thanks
10 >
11 > Pat
12
13 Just a quick note. If you do not have the audiocd cable (4 pins, from the back
14 of the drive to your mobo or sound card), some applications will not be
15 capable of playing audiocd unless they are capable of doing digital
16 extraction, and, even if they can, the cost of cpu will be higher.
17
18 If your apps do not give any error message -they just act like they are
19 playing, but no sound comes out of the speakers- then your problem is
20 probably this one.
21
22 Jesús.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list