From: pat <pat@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] audio cd problem
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:44:27
1 On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 23:34:16 +0200, Jesús Guerrero wrote
2 > El Lunes, 23 de Octubre de 2006 22:50, pat escribió:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I've lost possibllity to play audio CD on my Gentoo. I don't play audio CDs
6 > > very often, so I have no idea what I've did and why I'm not able to play
7 > > then. Please could someone point me to successful solution ??? I've googled
8 > > but without success :-(
9 > >
10 > > Thanks
11 > >
12 > > Pat
13 >
14 > Just a quick note. If you do not have the audiocd cable (4 pins,
15 > from the back of the drive to your mobo or sound card), some
16 > applications will not be capable of playing audiocd unless they are
17 > capable of doing digital extraction, and, even if they can, the cost
18 > of cpu will be higher.
19 >
20 > If your apps do not give any error message -they just act like they
21 > are playing, but no sound comes out of the speakers- then your
22 > problem is probably this one.
23 >
24 > Jesús.
27 Hi,
28
29 I have a notebook and I was able to play audio CDs, it is gone :-( And I have
30 no idea when it happend :-\
31
32 Pat
33 --