From: Scott Ellis <scotte@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia driver plus kernel info questions
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 22:42:55
1 On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 10:33 AM <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Unfortunatelu "something" is broken, when using the portage version
4 > of the driver. So I removed that driver and installed the same
5 > version as offered by nvidia directlu and that worked.
8 There's a lot missing in the portage version of the driver - it
9 doesn't even (at least last I checked) install nvidia-ml.so unless
10 you're using X. I suspect your weren't getting libnvoptix installed
11 from portage, which was meaning OptiX won't work.
12
13 I don't really care for the `.run` version of the drivers, and prefer
14 to keep everything as an ebuild. I have my hacked up ebuild at
15 https://github.com/ScottESanDiego/scotterepo/tree/master/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers
16 if you wanted to just steal that (it's largely just the original
17 ebuild, but installing extra "stuff" so that nvidia-smi works
18 headless, nvidia-docker works, etc.
19
20 ScottE