From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia driver plus kernel info questions
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 01:44:23
1 On 05/02 03:42, Scott Ellis wrote:
2 > On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 10:33 AM <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Unfortunatelu "something" is broken, when using the portage version
5 > > of the driver. So I removed that driver and installed the same
6 > > version as offered by nvidia directlu and that worked.
9 > There's a lot missing in the portage version of the driver - it
10 > doesn't even (at least last I checked) install nvidia-ml.so unless
11 > you're using X. I suspect your weren't getting libnvoptix installed
12 > from portage, which was meaning OptiX won't work.
13 >
14 > I don't really care for the `.run` version of the drivers, and prefer
15 > to keep everything as an ebuild. I have my hacked up ebuild at
16 > https://github.com/ScottESanDiego/scotterepo/tree/master/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers
17 > if you wanted to just steal that (it's largely just the original
18 > ebuild, but installing extra "stuff" so that nvidia-smi works
19 > headless, nvidia-docker works, etc.
20 >
21 > ScottE
24 Hi Scott,
25
26 oh! :) Thank you very much ... is cloned! :)
27
28 Cheers!
29 Meino