From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] straggling with paper size
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 01:10:34
1 I want to print to "letter" size paper.
2 I'm using Sql-Ledger to print invoices, program is set to print with
3 command:
4 lpr -P Printer Name
5 Sql-Ledger is using latex forms to generate invoices. So to my
6 understanding the program will be using "dvips" to convert latex to
7 postscript and send it directly to printer, am I right?
8 Is there any other utility that conversion goes through, that I've
9 missed?
10
11 This is setting of: /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/config.ps:
12 % This shows how to add your own map file.
13 % Remove the comment and adjust the name:
14 % p +myfonts.map
15
16 @ letterSize 8.5in 11in
17
18 @ A4size 210mm 297mm
19 @+ %%PaperSize: A4
20
21 @ letter 8.5in 11in
22 @+ %%BeginPaperSize: Letter
23 @+ letter
24 @+ %%EndPaperSize
25
26 Should the these two line be commented out:
27 @ A4size 210mm 297mm
28 @+ %%PaperSize: A4
29
30 Be default postscript is printing to "letter" size perer. How to check?
31 Where else should I look?
34 #Joseph
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list