From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] straggling with paper size
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 03:06:06
1 On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 18:05:31 -0700
2 Joseph wrote:
3
4 > I want to print to "letter" size paper.
5 > I'm using Sql-Ledger to print invoices, program is set to print with
6 > command:
7 > lpr -P Printer Name
8 > Sql-Ledger is using latex forms to generate invoices. So to my
9 > understanding the program will be using "dvips" to convert latex to
10 > postscript and send it directly to printer, am I right?
11
12 Probably, but not necessarily - look in the source and see what is
13 called to make the document, or do some sort of tracing as the program
14 runs.
15
16 > Is there any other utility that conversion goes through, that I've
17 > missed?
18 >
19 > This is setting of: /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/config.ps:
20 > % This shows how to add your own map file.
21 > % Remove the comment and adjust the name:
22 > % p +myfonts.map
23 >
24 > @ letterSize 8.5in 11in
25 >
26 > @ A4size 210mm 297mm
27 > @+ %%PaperSize: A4
28 >
29 > @ letter 8.5in 11in
30 > @+ %%BeginPaperSize: Letter
31 > @+ letter
32 > @+ %%EndPaperSize
33 >
34 > Should the these two line be commented out:
35 > @ A4size 210mm 297mm
36 > @+ %%PaperSize: A4
37 >
38 > Be default postscript is printing to "letter" size perer. How to check?
39 > Where else should I look?
40 >
41 > --
42 > #Joseph