From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] straggling with paper size
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 03:35:20
1 On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 15:57 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 18:05:31 -0700
3 > Joseph wrote:
4 >
5 > > I want to print to "letter" size paper.
6 > > I'm using Sql-Ledger to print invoices, program is set to print with
7 > > command:
8 > > lpr -P Printer Name
9 > > Sql-Ledger is using latex forms to generate invoices. So to my
10 > > understanding the program will be using "dvips" to convert latex to
11 > > postscript and send it directly to printer, am I right?
12 >
13 > Probably, but not necessarily - look in the source and see what is
14 > called to make the document, or do some sort of tracing as the program
15 > runs.
16 >
17 > > Is there any other utility that conversion goes through, that I've
18 > > missed?
19
20 looking at the configuration file in sql-ledger it is looking for:
21 latex, dvips or pdflatex, but making any changes to dvips makes no
22 difference.
23 it is hard to look in the source code if you don't know which file it
24 is.
27 #Joseph
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list