From: Zeerak Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How the HAL are you supposed to use these files?
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 22:49:22
1 On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:37:08 +0100, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 22:40:37 +0100, Zeerak Waseem wrote:
5 >
6 >> True, but even those using Openbox, icewm, etc. were introduced to the
7 >> mess that HAL is, and also to dbus.
8 >
9 > You're trying to assign guilt by association. They were also introduced
10 > to X, hand edited conf files and a faster desktop. Are they all bad too?
13 Yes! :p
14
15 I'm not saying dbus is all that bad, just that it might be a bit
16 unnecessary for a number of users. Which to me means, that it should be
17 something that can be chosen, rather than something that's chosen for you.
20 Zeerak