From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System crash, more than once. Out of memory problem.
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 01:42:59
1 On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 6:16 PM Alan Grimes <alonzotg@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Programmers these days don't seem to have any concept that memory is
4 > finite and that it's usage should be optimized. =|
7 I have it on good authority that unused memory is wasted memory. It
8 is a good thing that I never run more than one process a time so that
9 my browser is correct in assuming that the OS wouldn't possibly be
10 able to find a better use for the RAM than that tab I haven't clicked
11 on in 20 minutes that is running some javascript with more lines of
12 code than the sorts of operating systems people actually used back
13 when they didn't run more than one process at a time...
16 Rich