From: Alan Grimes <alonzotg@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System crash, more than once. Out of memory problem.
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 23:15:35
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > Things I've done based on what I've noticed while sitting at the
5 > system.  I noticed with the newer Firefox versions, the multi-process
6 > ones, that it can hog up a TON of memory.  Sometimes I wonder if it is
7 > trying to download the entire internet or something into memory.  One
8 > Firefox profile can be eating up several GBs of memory even with few
9 > active tabs.  To help with that, I changed the process count from 4 to
10 > 1.  That seemed to help with that a LOT.  It hasn't gotten to hungry
11 > since.  Basically back to the way it was before the multi-process thingy.
14 Amen, bro.
15
16 Programmers these days don't seem to have any concept that memory is
17 finite and that it's usage should be optimized. =|
21 Please report bounces from this address to atg@×××××××××.com
22
23 Powers are not rights.