From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: anti-portage wreckage?
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:15:12
1 On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 01:50:27 -0500 (EST), Daniel Barkalow wrote:
2
3 > I think it would be useful to have an ebuild thing for "upgrading to
4 > this package from version {expression} requires the following steps",
5 > such that the message will be displayed only if you're doing that, and
6 > such that the upgrade will be masked if you're being conservative in
7 > upgrading.
8
9 It already does, with has_version. Look at the pkg_setup() part of the
10 postfix ebuild for an example of this in use.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Top Oxymorons Number 22: Childproof
23 --