From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] video capture
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 18:22:59
1 On 15 July 2006 18:25, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 7/15/06, rob <gentoo@×××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > emerged most of the stuff in media-tv but I can't get anyone of thease
4 > > to show TV most say device not configured. Evan the ones that I know
5 > > point to /dev/video0
6 > > I think I did everything right.
7 > > pleas help or tell me of a better card to use.
8 >
9 > Are you sure this is a card problem, and not a permissions issue? It
10 > looks like udev makes most of the device nodes in the "video" group.
11 > Is your user account a member of that group?
12
13 I have the same problem Rob has reported. Basically, same setup. Udev does
14 *not* create the necessary nodes here (neither for Rob if I have understood
15 him correctly).
16
17 When I create those nodes and load the modules manually, it still doesn't
18 work - kdetv for instance says: No devices found. And yes, I made sure the
19 permissions are right. :-(
20
21 Uwe
24 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
25 http://www.SysEx.com.na
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list