From: rob <gentoo@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] video capture
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 21:00:01
1 On Saturday 15 July 2006 14:15, Uwe Thiem wrote:
2 > On 15 July 2006 18:25, Richard Fish wrote:
3 > > On 7/15/06, rob <gentoo@×××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
4 > > > emerged most of the stuff in media-tv but I can't get anyone of thease
5 > > > to show TV most say device not configured. Evan the ones that I know
6 > > > point to /dev/video0
7 > > > I think I did everything right.
8 > > > pleas help or tell me of a better card to use.
9 > >
10 > > Are you sure this is a card problem, and not a permissions issue? It
11 > > looks like udev makes most of the device nodes in the "video" group.
12 > > Is your user account a member of that group?
13 >
14 Well I emerged gentoo-sources with ~86 gave me linux-2.6.17-gentoo-r3. Now the
15 tuner comes up and using the ivtv test it now captures only snow but it is a
16 start. I have tryed to change channel but it doesn't work. Even line in gives
17 me the same thing. Any other seguestions
18
19 rob
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list