From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: keeping ati-drivers 8.34.8 in portage
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 00:20:06
1 On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 14:53 +0000, James wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > I've been using 8.39.4 for quite some time on 2 newer systems and it
4 > is stable(or at least with the 3D game bzflag) and normal workstation usage.
5 >
6 > My experience is trial and error, burning lots of time before you find
7 > an ati-driver that works good with your chipset. I'm not sure the criteria
8 > or who marks ati-drivers as stable, but, ati-drivers-8.39.4 would get
9 > an affirmative from me.
10
11 thanks. I did try them, in fact I tried each of these versions multiple
12 times one day when trying to find the problem:
13 8.36.5
14 8.37.6
15 8.39.4
16 8.40.4
17
18 and each of them had the
19 fglX11AllocateManagedSurface: __FGLTexMgrAllocMem failed!! error that I
20 talked about before :(
21
22 I even posted on the ati forums and no one could help...
26 Baseball is a skilled game. It's America's game - it, and high taxes.
27 -- The Best of Will Rogers
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list