From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Program for Sound Recording of Church Services
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:02:09
1 Timothy A. Holmes ha scritto:
2 > Hi folks:
3 >
4 > Ive been using gentoo + fluxbox + audacity for about a year now
5 > recording our church services to wav or mp3 files. Its now upgrade
6 > time
7 >
8 > The system is a p3 400 running gentoo and fluxbox - im open to
9 > suggestions on the proper software to use
10
11 Why having to change your software stack if the one you used works? Just
12 install it on the new machine (if it's really needed to change the
13 machine).
14 Or are you having problems with the current software stack?
15
16 I also suspect you don't even need audacity, you could do everything
17 from the command line (don't ask me exactly how, but I'm quite sure)...
23 Audacity is working adequetly, I was mostly wondering if there was a
24 better tool out there that I didn't know about. The computer is being
25 rebuilt due to it being VERY far back in the update / upgrade curve --
26 it still had monolitic x and, the wrong chost and the old gcc / profile
27 -- its gonna be faster to rebuild than upgrade, and as long as im doing
28 it, im going to lvm as well
29
30 Thanks
34 Tim Holmes