From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] good alternative to Firefox extension "Ghostery"
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 09:36:37
1 Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com> [16-02-27 10:24]:
2 > On 27 February 2016 at 07:14, <Meino.Cramer@×××.de> wrote:
3 > > Question is: Are there any other comparable good alternatives,
4 > > which understand the term "privacy" as it is ?
5 > >
6 > I'm not sure I understand the distinction, and I still have both
7 > installed, but Privacy Badger, created by the EFF, seems to have the
8 > most important effect that led me to Ghostery, blocking some
9 > third-party elements. Check it out, it might be what you need.
10 >
11 > Arve
14 Hi Arve,
15
16 thanks for your posting ! :)
17
18 I already tried that, but as it seems (to me) Privacy Badger
19 does oneself decide whether to block and item or not.
20 I have that one installed and was astonished how passive it
21 was....
22
23 Or simply am I doing something wrong ?
24
25 Best regards,
26 Meino