From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I control size of /run (tmpfs)?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 20:03:13
1 Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > after updating baselayout from 2.0.3 to 2.1-r1 /run is mounted
5 > as tmpfs. But I can not find any mount-option for controlling
6 > how much memory is (or could be) used for it.
7 >
8 > Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
9 > tmpfs 8223848 224 8223624 1% /run
10 >
11 > I know it does not use 8GB right now, yet I'd like to reduce
12 > it to some lower value, not half of my physical memory.
13 > How can I do it? Can I simply add line in fstab like:
14 >
15 > none /run tmpfs size=128m 0 0 ???
16 >
17 > Jarry
20 Holy smoke ! Mine is doing the same thing.
21
22 tmpfs 7.9G 260K 7.9G 1% /run
23
24 But I also have this:
25
26 tmpfs 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /var/tmp/portage
27
28 So, between those two, I could run out of ram since I have 16Gbs.
29
30 There is now TWO people that needs a answer to this question. Why does
31 it need that much anyway? It looks to me like a few hundred Mbs, like
32 Jarry posted, would be plenty. Jeepers creepers. lol
33
34 Dale
35
39 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
40 how you interpreted my words!
41
42 Miss the compile output? Hint:
43 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"