From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: grub:2 first experience with it
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 09:08:20
1 On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 19:44:47 -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > > > But no update-grub
4 > >
5 > > update-grub is an Ubuntuism, not part of standard GRUB. It's only a
6 > > one line shell script that runs
7 >
8 > It's a debianism in fact. Do not credit ubuntu with an original idea
9 > without being very sure of the facts :-)
10
11 I thought Debian was based on Ubuntu?
12
13 > > grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
14 > >
15 > > Even a large proportion of Ubuntu users would be able to manage
16 > > without it.
17 >
18 > I think the reason it exists is that it had to do a bit more with legacy
19 > GRUB.
20
21 That makes sense.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 COMMAND: A suggestion made to a computer.