From: pat <pat@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Xlib tutorial
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 14:12:30
1 Thanks for suggestion. Well I don't want to depend on GTK or Qt.
2
3 Thanks
4
5 Pat
6
7 On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:22:03 -0500, Michael Mol wrote
8 > On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:55 AM, pat <pat@××××××××.org> wrote:
9 > > Hello,
10 > >
11 > > Sorry for this off topic. I want to learn how to develop UI applications using
12 > > Xlib. I've searched web, but I could not find a tutorial which will explain it
13 > > all (found some short examples). Please, could someone suggest a website or a
14 > > book?
15 >
16 > http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Category:Xlib
17 >
18 > Why the specific interest in Xlib? XCB is probably the better C
19 > library to use at this point. Actually almost any higher-level
20 > toolkit would be a better place to start:
21 >
22 > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_widget_toolkits
23 >
24 > GUI programming is a PITA to do in the first place, and it's
25 > progressively more painful the more you want to "do it right." Don't
26 > make it harder than it has to be, particularly if you're just getting
27 > started.
28 >
29 > --
30 > :wq