From: Maxim Kremenev <ezotrank@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange firefox segfault
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 07:32:58
1 Or maybe extrem LDFLAGS. We want see your /etc/make.conf )
2
3 On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > Willie Wong wrote:
6 > > On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 09:43:01AM +0200, Maxim Kremenev wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> Maybe u try exec firefox in console and send output ?
9 > >>
10 > >> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.edu>
11 > wrote:
12 > >>
13 > >>
14 > >>> Disclaimer: I am using a hardened x86 system.
15 > >>>
16 > >>> Just now I updated to Firefox 3.0.5 (which is now keyworded stable). I
17 > >>> found that starting firefox is no problem, nor is basic, normal
18 > >>> browsing. What is a problem is the hot-keys!
19 > >>>
20 > >>> In short, if I tried to type Ctrl-N for a New Window or Ctrl-T for a
21 > >>> New Tab, firefox segfaults.
22 > >>>
23 > >>> I can click, using the mouse, File->New Window, and the New Window
24 > >>> will start with no problem. I can click File->New Tab, and the New Tab
25 > >>> will start with no problem. I can use middle-click to open a link in
26 > >>> new window with no problem.
27 > >>>
28 > >>> I just cannot use the Ctrl-* keyboard short cuts.
29 > >>>
30 > >>> I tried this with both my normal profile and an empty profile. The
31 > >>> behaviour is the same.
32 > >>>
33 > >>> The strace output looks to me like complete gibberish.
34 > >>>
35 > >>> Does anyone else have the problem? What else can I do to check whether
36 > >>> the problem is on my end? If I were to file a bug report, what kind of
37 > >>> information may be useful?
38 > >>>
39 > >
40 > > The output is only two words:
41 > >
42 > > "Segmentation Fault"
43 > >
44 > > W
47 > How about the output of emerge --info. Maybe there is something there.
48 > Also, processor type as well. I know a loooooong time ago I had some
49 > bad CFLAG settings that gave me that.
50 >
51 > Dale
52 >