From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange firefox segfault
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:32:35
1 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 09:43:01AM +0200, Maxim Kremenev wrote:
3 >
4 >> Maybe u try exec firefox in console and send output ?
5 >>
6 >> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.edu> wrote:
9 >>> Disclaimer: I am using a hardened x86 system.
10 >>>
11 >>> Just now I updated to Firefox 3.0.5 (which is now keyworded stable). I
12 >>> found that starting firefox is no problem, nor is basic, normal
13 >>> browsing. What is a problem is the hot-keys!
14 >>>
15 >>> In short, if I tried to type Ctrl-N for a New Window or Ctrl-T for a
16 >>> New Tab, firefox segfaults.
17 >>>
18 >>> I can click, using the mouse, File->New Window, and the New Window
19 >>> will start with no problem. I can click File->New Tab, and the New Tab
20 >>> will start with no problem. I can use middle-click to open a link in
21 >>> new window with no problem.
22 >>>
23 >>> I just cannot use the Ctrl-* keyboard short cuts.
24 >>>
25 >>> I tried this with both my normal profile and an empty profile. The
26 >>> behaviour is the same.
27 >>>
28 >>> The strace output looks to me like complete gibberish.
29 >>>
30 >>> Does anyone else have the problem? What else can I do to check whether
31 >>> the problem is on my end? If I were to file a bug report, what kind of
32 >>> information may be useful?
33 >>>
34 >
35 > The output is only two words:
36 >
37 > "Segmentation Fault"
38 >
39 > W
42 How about the output of emerge --info. Maybe there is something there.
43 Also, processor type as well. I know a loooooong time ago I had some
44 bad CFLAG settings that gave me that.
45
46 Dale
47