From: Michael Scherer <a6702894@××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: make of gentoo-sources-3.2.12 fails
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 19:16:31
1 On Thu, 17 May 2012 12:05:07 -0500
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Michael Scherer wrote:
5 > > On Wed, 16 May 2012 07:41:32 +0700
6 > > Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> On May 15, 2012 7:50 AM, "Dale" <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > >>>
10 > >>> Maybe like me, you blabber more than you think:
11 > >>>
12 > >>> http://archives.gentoo.org/stats/gentoo-user-per-year.xml
13 > >>>
14 > >>> I didn't put them in any certain order but you have fallen a bit
15 > >>> tho. Someone put alum in your water or something?
16 > >>>
17 > >>
18 > >> I blabbed that much??
19 > >>
20 > >> Gee... I purposefully stay away from piping up in threads related
21 > >> to CUPS, KDE, Gnome, and other desktop-only stuff, and still end
22 > >> up in the top 5?? o_O
23 > >>
24 > >> Rgds,
25 > >
26 > > OK, OK. May I remind you what started this thread?
27 > > If bottom-most is really that important to you, I will
28 > > of course comply, though with outlook express which I'm
29 > > forced to use most of the time this is a bit tedious.
30 > > I had no idea what a flood of angry comments my post
31 > > on preferring top-most would start off.
32 > >
33 > > My original problem (see title) is as yet unsolved. Any one
34 > > out there with an idea what might be causing this?
35 > > I'm grateful to those 3 or 4 who tried to help, but
36 > > by now I'm rather desperate and in the whole of internet
37 > > pages there is nothing even coming near.
38 > >
39 > > bugzilla told me this wasn't a bug and go to the forums.
40 > > So you are really my last resort.
41 > >
42 > > regards, michael
47 > I would start with running make -j1 && make modules_install. Someone
48 > else posted it could be a race condition.
49 >
50 > Are you editing the config by hand or are you using menuconfig or some
51 > such tool? If editing by hand maybe one thing is enabled but
52 > something else it needs is not.
53 >
54 > Still thinking.
55 >
56 > Dale
57 >
58 > :-) :-)
62 Same result as ever. I use make nconfig, which is somewhat easier
63 to navigate around. Only once I tried to manually change .config,
64 because revdep-rebuild wanted to rebuild sys-fs/udisks, which
65 complained about CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND not being set, but a silent
66 make oldconfig removed the line automatically. I did the change
67 manually because CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND doesn't seem to exist in 3.2.12.
68
69 Anyway, thank you for thinking about it.
70
71 regards, michael