From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: make of gentoo-sources-3.2.12 fails
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 17:07:04
1 Michael Scherer wrote:
2 > On Wed, 16 May 2012 07:41:32 +0700
3 > Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On May 15, 2012 7:50 AM, "Dale" <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>> Maybe like me, you blabber more than you think:
8 >>>
9 >>> http://archives.gentoo.org/stats/gentoo-user-per-year.xml
10 >>>
11 >>> I didn't put them in any certain order but you have fallen a bit
12 >>> tho. Someone put alum in your water or something?
13 >>>
14 >>
15 >> I blabbed that much??
16 >>
17 >> Gee... I purposefully stay away from piping up in threads related to
18 >> CUPS, KDE, Gnome, and other desktop-only stuff, and still end up in
19 >> the top 5?? o_O
20 >>
21 >> Rgds,
22 >
23 > OK, OK. May I remind you what started this thread?
24 > If bottom-most is really that important to you, I will
25 > of course comply, though with outlook express which I'm
26 > forced to use most of the time this is a bit tedious.
27 > I had no idea what a flood of angry comments my post
28 > on preferring top-most would start off.
29 >
30 > My original problem (see title) is as yet unsolved. Any one
31 > out there with an idea what might be causing this?
32 > I'm grateful to those 3 or 4 who tried to help, but
33 > by now I'm rather desperate and in the whole of internet
34 > pages there is nothing even coming near.
35 >
36 > bugzilla told me this wasn't a bug and go to the forums.
37 > So you are really my last resort.
38 >
39 > regards, michael
44 I would start with running make -j1 && make modules_install. Someone
45 else posted it could be a race condition.
46
47 Are you editing the config by hand or are you using menuconfig or some
48 such tool? If editing by hand maybe one thing is enabled but something
49 else it needs is not.
50
51 Still thinking.
52
53 Dale
54
59 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
60 how you interpreted my words!
61
62 Miss the compile output? Hint:
63 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"