From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Rsync backup problem2
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:39:44
1 On Thursday 09 Mar 2006 15:36, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Paul <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> writes:
3 > > All files copy with no errors but symlinks always fail with the message:
4 > > symlink "/mnt/network/usr/lib/libgstinterfaces-0.8.so.0" ->
5 > > "libgstinterfaces-0.8.so.0.1.0" failed: Operation not supported
6 > >
7 > > I am wondering if this is a permissions problem.
8 > > My network usb server will not let me have a user called root so I have
9 > > set user paul with the 'can do anything' previlege.
10 > > The mount and rsync commands are using user root
11 >
12 > What file systems are involved?
13 > You get a similar message writing to NSFS or fat since unix like
14 > permisions are not supported there.
15 Hello Harry,
16 Thanks for your response.
17
18 I am mounting the network usb drive using cifs
19 The network storage unit is a LINKSYS Network Storage Link for USB 2.0 Disk
20 Drives. I don't know what file system is used but the discs had to be
21 formatted by the linksys setup program. I have just looked at some files on
22 the backup disc and the owner and permissions seem to be intact.
23
24 This is the error when copying the Mail directory
25 mkstemp
26 "/mnt/network/home/paul/Mail/Gimp/cur/.1133608028.9158.nxwHc:2,S.CDg1dQ"
27 failed: Not a directory
28
29 I'm sure I'm doing something stupid
30
31 Paul
32 --
33 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list