From: Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] k3b burning BD-Disk pretends to fail at 99.99%
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 08:34:00
1 Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@×××.net> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > rdalek1967@×××××.com wrote:
6 > > I wonder if he can unmerge growisofs? Or at least remove the file.
7 >
8 > In order to make it use cdrecord for DVD and BD ?
9 >
10 > (Cough.)
11 >
12 > growisofs is unsurpassed with DVD. I am a competitor of it
13
14 It seems that you are not correclty informed.
15
16 Many people reported problems even with writing DVDs using growisofs that went
17 away after upgrading to cdrtools.
18
19 Note that I already mentioned that growisofs is a layzy written program that
20 has many places where is returns the unly slightly modified result of a SCSI
21 mode sense operation while running a SCSI mode select operation. As it only
22 slightly modifies the received data instead of constructing SCSI standard
23 compliant data, these mode select operations do not always have the desired
24 effect.
25
26 This kind of problems is independent from the media type and as a result,
27 growisofs of course also fails with DVDs for some users.
28
29 Jörg
32 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
33 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)