From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:11:50
1 On Tuesday 07 September 2010, Al wrote:
2 > > going "Uh duh, why didn't I think of that" or "Thanks, I hadn't thought
3 > > of that"), or b) the subject is something so far off the topic of Gentoo
4 >
5 > I want to specially point out this. I think it a good habit, to say
6 > thank you. It motivates people to support and is always worth a
7 > posting. I also think it a good habit to summarize the result of a
8 > thread in a way, that makes it usefull for the archives.
9 >
10 > In a mailing list you experience such a postings as unnecessary load.
11 >
12 > Al
13
14 there is no need for that. You can just SEARCH the archives. And there are a
15 lot of them. From gentoo's own to MARC.
16
17 So.. what does news bring to the table? More work?
18 And what advantages? None at all.
19
20 Strong points to support news. I see.