From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Suspend to {RAM,Disk]
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 00:28:07
1 Ignas Anikevicius writes:
2
3 > On 18/05/12 20:59, Alex Schuster wrote:
4 > > Suspend to ram (using the hibernate-ram command from
5 > > sys-power/hibernate-script) seems to work better.
6 >
7 > What about pm-utils? Does it work better or worse than hibernate-script.
8 > I had 0 problems with it during entire usage of linux, whereas with the
9 > hibernate script package I had some issues...
10
11 I thought hibernate-ram and pm-suspend do the same... anyway, in my case
12 the ISDN stuff gets borked with either method. Too bad. Maybe I have to
13 switch to mISDN, as I cannot make the fcpci driver work to make outgoing
14 ISDN PPP connections. At the moment, I have to use another PC for that,
15 which still runs the old udev.
16 Or I can try another ISDN card I have (Cologne Chip Designs GmbH ISDN
17 network controller [HFC-PCI]), maybe I have more luck with this.
18
19 > And yes, I am usually suspending to ram, but I was just thinking about
20 > possibilities to make my computer boot faster in the cases I really need
21 > to do a restart. :)
22
23 Opening all my LUKS partitions takes so long anyway, I do not care much
24 about gaining a few seconds :)
25
26 Wonko