From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /home becoming readonly every night
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:16:10
1 On Thursday 25 August 2005 17:46, A. Khattri wrote:
2
3 > I had a Maxtor drive die just after the one-year warranty expired. We had
4 > one server with Maxtors that died twice in one year.
5 >
6 > Because of this, we now have a "Seagate-only" policy for hard-drives -
7 > they may cost a bit more but they're reliable and many come with a three
8 > year warranty.
9
10 well, my new seagate died in the first week.. .the second one run for years
11 without problems...
12
13 Seagate = Sie geht oder sie geht nicht. (it works or not).
14
15 But the best defective harddisk/all harddisks ratio has samsung.. one drive,
16 no problems so far ;)
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list