From: "José Pablo Ezequiel Fernández" <pablo.fernandez@××××××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /home becoming readonly every night
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:29:41
1 On Thursday 25 August 2005 15:07, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Thursday 25 August 2005 17:46, A. Khattri wrote:
3 > > I had a Maxtor drive die just after the one-year warranty expired. We had
4 > > one server with Maxtors that died twice in one year.
5 > >
6 > > Because of this, we now have a "Seagate-only" policy for hard-drives -
7 > > they may cost a bit more but they're reliable and many come with a three
8 > > year warranty.
9 >
10 > well, my new seagate died in the first week.. .the second one run for years
11 > without problems...
12
13 I had very bad experience with bigfoots, about 50% (of 10 or more) died on the
14 first 2.5 years.
17 José Pablo Ezequiel Fernández
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list