From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SystemRescueCD with nonm
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2019 03:15:30
1 On 2018.12.31 21:20, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Monday, 31 December 2018 19:01:16 GMT Jack wrote:
3 >
4 > > Couldn't you just dd it to a USB drive (without needing to mount the
5 > > iso first) and then mount the drive?
6 >
7 > I did do that, then tried to boot the USB drive. It wouldn't boot.
8 Why didn't it boot? Sorry if you said, and I missed it.
9
10 My thought is that after copying/dd'ing to the usb drive, mount the
11 drive, and play with the grub config file, or whatever, to deal with
12 whatever stops it from booting. You could blacklist modules, or add
13 boot parameters, or ..... Of course, if you don't know what's
14 actually causing the problem, it's harder to avoid.
15
16 Maybe you'll figure it out in a New Year's miracle!
17
18 Jack