From: "Dmitry S. Makovey" <dmitry@××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] amd64 fresh install woes (configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.???)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:00:03
1 Hi all,
2
3 Little history:
4 like many on this ML I decided that the time has come to switch over to the
5 64bit computing and went with fresh LiveDVD install of gentoo.
6
7 Cruel reality:
8 After doing stage3 install and making syncing portage I'm failing updates on
9 gcc and sandbox - both complaining:
10
11 configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
12
13 for sandbox there was a suggestion of turning off "sandbox" in FEATURES. I did
14 that. In fact my FEATURES is absolutely empty at this point and it's still a
15 no-go.
16
17 Now before I go and post this in bugs.gentoo.org I'd like to know if maybe
18 it's an 64-bit FAQ and I'm doing something wrong. Any
19 pointers/suggestions/directions are appreciated.
22 Dmitry Makovey
23 Web Systems Administrator
24 Athabasca University
25 (780) 675-6245