From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to read fan speed of my graphics card?
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 17:56:11
1 On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 09:05:30 +0100
2 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3
4 > Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com> [12-02-25 08:48]:
5 > > On Saturday 25 Feb 2012 07:27:35 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
6 > > > Hi,
7 > > >
8 > > > to supervise the speed of the two fans of my Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
9 > > > (made by MSI) graphics card I need a way to read it in userland.
10 > > >
11 > > > I tried lm_sensors for this but without any success -- but I have
12 > > > to admit of not haveing much knowledge about these things,
13 > > > though. That is the reason for asking for help here.
14 > > >
15 > > > How can I accomplish this? With what I can experiment for this
16 > > > purpose?
17 > >
18 > > the nvidia configuration utility (nvidia-settings) displays this
19 > > info under the Thermal Settings tab. AFAIK is also a way to get it
20 > > to print the info to STDOUT .. just mess arround with the cmd line
21 > > arguments to nvidia-settings.
22
23 > Thank you very much for that hint...I had never thought of that
24 > possibility as I recognized nvidia-settings as a gui application
25 > only... :)
26
27 If you're using app-admin/conky you can get a nice display of a several
28 nVidia card status numbers. The man page has the nVidia options. That
29 may not fit what you wanted, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to toss it
30 into the thread.