From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to read fan speed of my graphics card?
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 08:06:41
1 Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com> [12-02-25 08:48]:
2 > On Saturday 25 Feb 2012 07:27:35 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > to supervise the speed of the two fans of my Nvidia GTX 560 Ti (made
6 > > by MSI) graphics card I need a way to read it in userland.
7 > >
8 > > I tried lm_sensors for this but without any success -- but I have to
9 > > admit of not haveing much knowledge about these things, though. That
10 > > is the reason for asking for help here.
11 > >
12 > > How can I accomplish this? With what I can experiment for this
13 > > purpose?
14 >
15 > the nvidia configuration utility (nvidia-settings) displays this info under
16 > the Thermal Settings tab. AFAIK is also a way to get it to print the info to
17 > STDOUT .. just mess arround with the cmd line arguments to nvidia-settings.
18 >
19 > --
20 >
21 > - Yohan Pereira
22 >
23 > The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
24 > between a mermaid and a seal.
25 > -- Mark Twain
26
27 Hi Yohan,
28
29 Thank you very much for that hint...I had never thought of that
30 possibility as I recognized nvidia-settings as a gui application
31 only... :)
32
33 Best regards,
34 mcc