From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Very old machine blocking/update questions
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 07:13:33
1 On Friday 25 April 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Saturday 26 April 2008, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > Thanks Alan,
4 > > Sorry for top posting. I noticed these very old machine have
5 > > only 8GB drives in them. Looks like I'm actually going to replace
6 > > the drives and then do new installs from scratch.
7 >
8 > 8G drives!!!!!!!!!! Wow, that comes from the previous millenium....
9
10 I still have a DEC Alpha 500 with 3 x 4GB SCSI drives standing around
11 here. ;-) It doesn't do anything, and I should have thrown it way
12 long ago. But at one point in the development cycle of KDE 1, it was
13 the fastest box within the KDE community. Somehow I can't bring
14 myself to dump it.
15
16 Uwe
19 Informal Linux Group Namibia: