From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ctrl+alt+fx doesn't work
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 01:05:30
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2008-09-05, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >
4 >> pat wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Well, I found "DontVTSwitch" and set it to "off" in the X.org keyboard section
7 >>> but doesn't help. Is it what you have meant?
8 >>>
9 >>> Thanks
10 >>>
11 >>> Pat
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >> That may be one but there is also this one:
17 >>
18 >> # Option "NoTrapSignals"
19 >>
20 >> # Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><Fn> VT switch sequence
21 >> # (where n is 1 through 12). This allows clients to receive these key
22 >> # events.
23 >>
24 >> I think if it is not there, it will work. Basically, it is disabled by
25 >> default. I don't have that line at all in my file and it works fine.
28 > I have neither NoTrapSignals nor DontVTSwitch, but I've never
29 > been able to get any of the <Ctrl><Alt> keys to work on a
30 > couple of my machines.
34 My xorg.conf file is small. I attached a copy. Maybe a side by side or
35 a diff will help. Maybe it is something else that loads up that I have
36 that is missing for yours.
37
38 Dale
39