From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ctrl+alt+fx doesn't work
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 00:41:55
1 On 2008-09-05, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > pat wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Well, I found "DontVTSwitch" and set it to "off" in the X.org keyboard section
5 >> but doesn't help. Is it what you have meant?
6 >>
7 >> Thanks
8 >>
9 >> Pat
14 > That may be one but there is also this one:
15 >
16 > # Option "NoTrapSignals"
17 >
18 > # Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><Fn> VT switch sequence
19 > # (where n is 1 through 12). This allows clients to receive these key
20 > # events.
21 >
22 > I think if it is not there, it will work. Basically, it is disabled by
23 > default. I don't have that line at all in my file and it works fine.
24
25 I have neither NoTrapSignals nor DontVTSwitch, but I've never
26 been able to get any of the <Ctrl><Alt> keys to work on a
27 couple of my machines.
30 Grant