From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ctrl+alt+fx doesn't work
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 00:07:31
1 pat wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, I found "DontVTSwitch" and set it to "off" in the X.org keyboard section
4 > but doesn't help. Is it what you have meant?
5 >
6 > Thanks
7 >
8 > Pat
13 That may be one but there is also this one:
14
15 # Option "NoTrapSignals"
16
17 # Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><Fn> VT switch sequence
18 # (where n is 1 through 12). This allows clients to receive these key
19 # events.
20
21 I think if it is not there, it will work. Basically, it is disabled by
22 default. I don't have that line at all in my file and it works fine.
23
24 I also recall having a "issue" once before and it was a video driver
25 problem. For some reason it didn't like to go from the resolution my
26 GUI is set at to the one the console runs at. That was a long time ago
27 tho. What I got was a black screen. If I went from the GUI to console,
28 I couldn't go back without restarting X. This is most likely your
29 problem but thought it would be worth a mention just in case.
30
31 Hope that helps.
32
33 Dale