From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ctrl+alt+fx doesn't work
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 00:26:27
1 Dale wrote:
2 > pat wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Well, I found "DontVTSwitch" and set it to "off" in the X.org
5 >> keyboard section
6 >> but doesn't help. Is it what you have meant?
7 >>
8 >> Thanks
9 >>
10 >> Pat
14 > That may be one but there is also this one:
15 >
16 > # Option "NoTrapSignals"
17 >
18 > # Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><Fn> VT switch sequence
19 > # (where n is 1 through 12). This allows clients to receive these key
20 > # events.
21 >
22 > I think if it is not there, it will work. Basically, it is disabled
23 > by default. I don't have that line at all in my file and it works fine.
24 >
25 > I also recall having a "issue" once before and it was a video driver
26 > problem. . That was a long time ago tho. What I got was a black
27 > screen. If I went from the GUI to console, I couldn't go back without
28 > restarting X. This is most likely your problem but thought it would
29 > be worth a mention just in case.
30 >
31 > Hope that helps.
32 >
33 > Dale
34 >
35 > :-) :-)
38 Typo: 1: For some reason it didn't like to go from the resolution my
39 GUI is set at to the one the console runs at *and back*. 2: This is
40 most likely *NOT* your problem but thought it would be worth a mention
41 just in case.
42
43 I need to sleep. -_-
44