From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Audio through second HDMI output on GPU?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 12:47:10
1 On Sun, 23 May 2021 at 13:21, Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Eric's links were very interesting, and the pi people's solution
3 > seemed to be something simple, but their fix seems to also be in
4 > firmware, with a link to a giant, mostly binary, git commit. It made
5 > me think, though, if there was something in my kernel config that
6 > could be stopping the sound from getting through though, so that will
7 > be my next direction of inquiry. If this TV required something special
8 > in the pi firmware, maybe that is something I've managed to exclude
9 > from my own build.
10
11 Welp, everything out the window, I have no idea what, if anything,
12 I've changed since I started this investigation.
13
14 aplay -D plughw:1,3 sample.wav
15
16 It works now! :D