From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Audio through second HDMI output on GPU?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 14:14:19
1 On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 5:47 AM Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, 23 May 2021 at 13:21, Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Eric's links were very interesting, and the pi people's solution
5 > > seemed to be something simple, but their fix seems to also be in
6 > > firmware, with a link to a giant, mostly binary, git commit. It made
7 > > me think, though, if there was something in my kernel config that
8 > > could be stopping the sound from getting through though, so that will
9 > > be my next direction of inquiry. If this TV required something special
10 > > in the pi firmware, maybe that is something I've managed to exclude
11 > > from my own build.
12 >
13 > Welp, everything out the window, I have no idea what, if anything,
14 > I've changed since I started this investigation.
15 >
16 > aplay -D plughw:1,3 sample.wav
17 >
18 > It works now! :D
19 >
20 > Cheers,
21 > Arve
22
23 Well, good news no matter how it happened.
24
25 Hopefully it still works after a reboot. I guess we'll find out.
26
27 Cheers,
28 Mark