From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] another old box to update
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 16:07:04
1 On Wed, 07 Jan 2015 14:19:27 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2
3 > at the reboot time a fellow IT-guy will be there in front of the console
4 > so if the NIC doesn't come up correctly I will be able to instruct him
5 > to get the box up and reachable for me.
6 >
7 > I also use to disable persistent names for such updates ... and get
8 > good old eth0 UP instead of enpXsY unconfigured ;-)
9 >
10 Just add net.ifnames=0 to the kernel options.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Snacktrek, n.:
17 The peculiar habit, when searching for a snack, of constantly
18 returning to the refrigerator in hopes that something new will have
19 materialized.