From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB automount with LXDE
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 09:58:42
1 On Nov 17, 2011 4:51 PM, "James Broadhead" <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 17 November 2011 09:07, Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
4 wrote:
5 > > When I need to mount a removable USB device on LXDE (~amd64) I currently
6 > > manually issue the mount command. What do I need to do to make
7 > > automounting possible?
8 > >
9 > > According to LXDE wiki (1) you need HAL, which I don't have on my
10 > > system. I found several suggestions on the net but none seems promising.
11 > > Any hints to point me in the right direction?
12 > >
13 > > raffaele
14 > >
15 > > (1)
16 > >
17 http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXDE:Questions#Does_LXDE_automount_plugged_in_removable_devices_.28USB_drives.2C_Flash_disks.2C_etc.29.3F
18 >
19 > udev can do it - here's an Arch guide which is probably helpful:
20 > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Udev#Auto_mounting_USB_devices
21 >
22 > Personally, I use pmount, which allows plugdev-users to mount without
23 sudo.
24 >
25 > gentoo-wiki has an article on "AutoFS", but I've no idea about that.
28 What about mdev? Can it do that too?
29
30 Rgds,