From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB automount with LXDE
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 09:49:53
1 On 17 November 2011 09:07, Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com> wrote:
2 > When I need to mount a removable USB device on LXDE (~amd64) I currently
3 > manually issue the mount command. What do I need to do to make
4 > automounting possible?
5 >
6 > According to LXDE wiki (1) you need HAL, which I don't have on my
7 > system. I found several suggestions on the net but none seems promising.
8 > Any hints to point me in the right direction?
9 >
10 > raffaele
11 >
12 > (1)
13 > http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXDE:Questions#Does_LXDE_automount_plugged_in_removable_devices_.28USB_drives.2C_Flash_disks.2C_etc.29.3F
14
15 udev can do it - here's an Arch guide which is probably helpful:
16 https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Udev#Auto_mounting_USB_devices
17
18 Personally, I use pmount, which allows plugdev-users to mount without sudo.
19
20 gentoo-wiki has an article on "AutoFS", but I've no idea about that.