From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shell echo missing after ctrl+c
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 09:24:28
1 On 03/19 10:17, Matthias Hanft wrote:
2 > Kai Krakow wrote:
3 > >
4 > > After ctrl+c'ing out of programs like tailf, SSH password prompts, in
5 > > the middle of a shell scripts, the shell echo is not restored
6 >
7 > Not here, but something similar: Immediately after ctrl+c'ing, no shell
8 > prompt is displayed (in fact, *nothing* is displayed) - but it's just
9 > the display; I can enter a shell command (with echo, too) which will
10 > be executed properly. Or just press the RETURN key on the empty line
11 > to get the shell prompt again.
12 >
13 > This happens just on a single of my Gentoo systems (and not always,
14 > but very often).
15 >
16 > Any idea?
17 >
18 > -Matt
21 Hi,
22
23 I haven't experienced this yet...but the command
24
25 'reset'
26
27 will reset (hence the name... ;) the terminal to
28 normal. This also helps, if the terminal got confused
29 after accidentally cat'ing a binary...
30
31 Cheers
32 Meino