From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Yikes, what have I done 3 1 seconds beeps on boot
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 15:27:49
1 Jerry Turba <jturba@×××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > The websites of the bios makers will have the meaning of their beep
4 > codes. There were only 3 and now 2 bios makers I believe.
5 >
6 > I seem to remember vaguely that 3 beeps indicates ram or video card
7 > problem. Did you check that they are in their slots securely? It is easy
8 > to slightly dislodge something?
9
10 >From my post that you quoted : )
11
12 >> Its an intel D850MV mobo and on intel pages it tells me 3 beeps mean
13 >> a memory problem. Just in case, I removed and reseated the memory
14 >> cards, also tried booting with first one then the other mem card (2
15 >> 256 cards). No change in beeps.
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list